Intex Ultra XTR 25 x 12 x 54 Build questions

PoolNewbie2021

May 25, 2021
Wisconsin
I have read a TON here so thank you very much all of you.

What I am struggling with now is how do I know where to put the pavers for the leg supports?
I have the top ring of the pool assembled in the spot I want after doing leveling work but am struggling with how far they should be from the top ring of the pool.
The ring is just sitting on the ground right now assembled to help give an idea of where to put the pavers
I plan on getting the 4" thick 8 x 16 pavers and putting two of them for each leg support.

Can anyone help or give me some pointers on how to know right were the pavers/blocks should go for each leg?

My plan is to get 1" thick XPS foam for the bottom of the pool and have the pavers level with themselves and the foam.

Is this the rectangular 12x24 pool or a round? If rectangular this should help and it was shared with me.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    56.3 KB · Views: 56
  • B67950D8-BCA5-47FA-98C1-0158ACCF5E3B.png
    B67950D8-BCA5-47FA-98C1-0158ACCF5E3B.png
    736 KB · Views: 52
I have read a TON here so thank you very much all of you.

What I am struggling with now is how do I know where to put the pavers for the leg supports?
I have the top ring of the pool assembled in the spot I want after doing leveling work but am struggling with how far they should be from the top ring of the pool.
The ring is just sitting on the ground right now assembled to help give an idea of where to put the pavers
I plan on getting the 4" thick 8 x 16 pavers and putting two of them for each leg support.

Can anyone help or give me some pointers on how to know right were the pavers/blocks should go for each leg?

My plan is to get 1" thick XPS foam for the bottom of the pool and have the pavers level with themselves and the foam.
If this is the rectangular pool (and it sounds like it from the title), then once you get to the point where you have attached the legs and inserted the little pegs into the restrainer straps, you will see exactly where they should go. It has been a year+ since I watched the video, but my recollection is that Intex tells you when to install them. Also, it shows when and where on page 13, step 8 of the manual.

I ran one of these pools all last year, and it was a great experience. In fact we enjoyed it so much (literally we were in the pool every day for at least an hour) that this year we are putting in an in ground pool.

Since I just did this last year, let me know if you have other questions.

Dale

Thank you! the pool went up good, i ended up setting up the pool and then marking where the pavers went and moving the pool. used a waterlevel i made to level the blocks.
after filling the pool and having it for around 2 weeks now one corner of the pool is about an 1.5 lower than the rest. i am guessing this is due to settling as the pavers were all within .5" of level.
it was successfull. i did use XPS foam under the pool and its all working well. I am going to do some research and look to add a skimmer to the pool next.
Thanks again!

I am going to do some research and look to add a skimmer to the pool next.
Don't overthink the skimmer too much....by all means do the research, I did as well, but it was way easier than I anticipated.... :) My wife was having a bit of anxiety about me cutting a hole in the liner but in the end it is probably the second best thing I did (solar panel heater being the 1st)

To give a frame of how anxious I was about it - I bought the skimmer in 2017 for a pool that I ended up leaving with the house I sold - I was that nervous about putting it in. :) We put our pool up (same size as yours) last summer, and I finally put in the hayward.... :) Tons of videos out there tho and lots of good info here. :D

Sounds just like what I did last year, I didnt put all the pics in, but if you go look at some of my posts you can see the setup, prior to me adding rocks (now you cant see them at all)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.