Daphne AL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Last year we finally upgraded our 12x24 Intex Ultra pump and sand filter to much bigger versions. This year it's time to upgrade the saltwater generator. The only recommendation I've seen so far is the Circupool SJ-20 for $800. We have SO much money invested in this pool by now (excavation, pump, filter, deck, skimmer, electrical, etc) that I'm hoping there is another (cheaper) option. Any other brands? Who has upgraded and what did you use? The Intex has never done a good job at producing chlorine. Our pool is about 8400 gal. In coastal AL we need something better, especially when we leave town in the summer and aren't home to supplement with liquid chlorine. Help, please!

I'm not sure this will help since you already say you upgraded your pump but the Intex 26679EG is about 300 bucks. It's a pump, sand filter, SWG combo. I have the older model that's 8 or so years now I lost track, and bought this newer model for this season.

I'm not sure this will help since you already say you upgraded your pump but the Intex 26679EG is about 300 bucks. It's a pump, sand filter, SWG combo. I have the older model that's 8 or so years now I lost track, and bought this newer model for this season.
Thanks, but I have upgraded both pump and sand filter. My Intex SWG has never been able to maintain the high necessary chlorine levels we need in coastal AL. I need something better.

The 15k gal intex unit should be sufficient provided that your 8k gal pool is algae free & you have enough cya (70-80) in the peak of summer.
The intex units cost less than the others like circupool because they simply don’t live as long & don’t produce as much chlorine. I would advise to get a separate unit not a combo, so if one part dies you can just replace it.
The intex units last around 3 seasons before having issues & needing cell replacement or even the whole unit replaced.
The sj cell is rated for 10k hours which would equal about 4.5 years of year round run time in your pool yielding 3ppm/day. If you only operate your pool for 7 months out of the year like me its more like 8 years.
You’re paying for all the fc up front.

Last year we finally upgraded our 12x24 Intex Ultra pump and sand filter to much bigger versions. This year it's time to upgrade the saltwater generator. The only recommendation I've seen so far is the Circupool SJ-20 for $800. We have SO much money invested in this pool by now (excavation, pump, filter, deck, skimmer, electrical, etc) that I'm hoping there is another (cheaper) option. Any other brands? Who has upgraded and what did you use? The Intex has never done a good job at producing chlorine. Our pool is about 8400 gal. In coastal AL we need something better, especially when we leave town in the summer and aren't home to supplement with liquid chlorine. Help, please!I
I have an 18' x 52" Intex round pool. Upgraded pump to a 16" sand filter and 3,000 gph pump. Used the Intex SWCG but was extremely disappointed. Switched over to Blue Works BLSC-20 for our 7,000g pool. Zero issues. This is our third year with the unit. I had to replace the cell two years ago because it cracked in the weather. Union broke this year but cell was still good from last year. Only issue with Blue Works is I wouldn't hold my breath on a warranty. They did give me 15% off a new cell and gave a dummy cell to me for free when I purchased the second one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.