Intex SWG Not Producing Enough Chlorine

ssjimbo

Aug 15, 2021
Southern NM
Using the TF-100 testing kit, here are my levels:

PH 8.2 (I've put a full bag of PH reducer and it has done nothing)
TA 220 (I know this is too high, I'm buying some muriatic acid to reduce this and PH today)
CYA 50-60
Salt 3400 (SWG still says salt is low(
CC 0
FC 0

I SLAMed the pool at the opening and my OCL was definitely less than 0.5. I then upped the CYA to the current level and ran two boost cycles on the 15110-2 SWG (Intex 24x12 pool). I got the chlorine up to about 3ppm this way. I also pulled the electrodes and both had some deposits. I put them in some vinegar and got the deposits off as best I good. The pool is less than a year old, so the electrodes shouldn't be bad. Now I am running the SWG 12 hours/day and the filter 24/7, but I am getting no chlorine. The water is crystal clear. There was a little algae growth before I SLAMd, but there is no visible algae now, and no CC.

Is the most likely issue the PH/TA or should I get new electrodes (a little over $100 for both)? Is there something else I should be looking at? TIA

Last edited:
First off, don't use dry acid as it will ruin your salt cell plates long term. Use Muriatic Acid instead. Only clean cell when you actually see white build up and try plain water from a hose first.

Did you raise your FC with liquid chlorine first and letting the SWG maintain that? SWGs work too slow to get you up from zero to x amount FC. You need to get that Liquid Chlorine in there TODAY please.

Maddie :flower:

First off, don't use dry acid as it will ruin your salt cell plates long term. Use Muriatic Acid instead. Only clean cell when you actually see white build up and try plain water from a hose first.

Did you raise your FC with liquid chlorine first and letting the SWG maintain that? SWGs work too slow to get you up from zero to x amount FC. You need to get that Liquid Chlorine in there TODAY please.

Maddie :flower:
Thanks. I'll try that, although we were able to get it up from 0 last year, and even this year it was at 3 and then went back to 0. Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.