Intex Sand Pump (New)

davidnolen

Jul 19, 2022
South Carolina
Hey all! Glad to be a part of this community and can't wait to see the feedback I get. I've already learned a lot, so thanks everyone!

My question is...I recently installed a new Intex Sand Pump and followed the directions precisely. The issue I'm having is that it appears to lose output flow in to the pool after it runs for a few hours (I guess that's the right term). The pressure gauge goes in to the yellow, but only half way. When I backwash and rinse, the output flow returns to normal....for a few more hours. Setting it to recirculate, the flow is fine. I checked the sand level and it's right below the half mark. Do you think it's due to the sand or maybe an issue with the pump itself? I used Quikrete Pool Filter Sand since I've read on multiple sites that this is a decent sand to use for this pump.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Well, I can confirm other users have had issues in the past with the Quikrete pool sand. However my first question to you is about the water. Was the pool already full of water and you just changed the filter? If so, can you post a full set of water test results with a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit. That would be a good place to start. Your water flow issues are very similar to a heavy organic load.

Pool Care Basics

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.