Intex Rectangular Ultra Frame Mid Install Question

NJSwimmom

May 4, 2020
New Jersey
I’m in the middle of installing the Intex Rectangular Ultra Frame 12x24x52 and have a really basic install question. Liner is fully spread out. Upper metal Frame and U-supports are now all assembled to the liner.

HERE IS WHERE I’M STUCK: For one entire long side of pool, I connected the liner straps to the restrainer straps with retaining rods. Pulled the bottoms of the U-side supports out away from the liner. I had two people inside the pool holding up the long side but it didn’t stay up after we finished the straps for that entire side. We called it a night before even attempting the other 3 sides. Are we doing something wrong with this step, since we can’t get the one side to stay up? We did try moving the U supports into several different positions but that first long side still won’t stay upright.

I’m in the middle of installing the Intex Rectangular Ultra Frame 12x24x52 and have a really basic install question. Liner is fully spread out. Upper metal Frame and U-supports are now all assembled to the liner.

HERE IS WHERE I’M STUCK: For one entire long side of pool, I connected the liner straps to the restrainer straps with retaining rods. Pulled the bottoms of the U-side supports out away from the liner. I had two people inside the pool holding up the long side but it didn’t stay up after we finished the straps for that entire side. We called it a night before even attempting the other 3 sides. Are we doing something wrong with this step, since we can’t get the one side to stay up? We did try moving the U supports into several different positions but that first long side still won’t stay upright.
Do you have the corner pieces installed?

I installed my intex 32x16x52 pool a few months ago. I don’t have the directions in front of me, but as I recall we installed the horizontal beams in all four sides, installed the legs on all four sides, stood up all four sides by using the corner pieces, then connected the straps at the bottom of the legs to the liners. I believe that is how the instructions told us to do it. You won’t be able to get one wall to stand up on it’s own.

Ok so I watched a couple instructional videos tonight and reread the instruction manual. It looks like I need to do the straps on all four corners and put in the four corner joints first. Then, I do the all of the remaining straps for each side.

So it appears that the wall didn’t stand up because we were doing the straps out of order versus what is listed in the instructions.

Reactions: sammckin
Ok so I watched a couple instructional videos tonight and reread the instruction manual. It looks like I need to do the straps on all four corners and put in the four corner joints first. Then, I do the all of the remaining straps for each side.

So it appears that the wall didn’t stand up because we were doing the straps out of order versus what is listed in the instructions.
Glad you got it figured out!

Reactions: NJSwimmom
UPDATE: Success!! After I correctly followed the instructions this time, I was easily able to get all four sides of the pool up without even a helper. For future reference, anyone putting up a rectangular Intex pool should first do the straps on all four corners, and THEN complete all of the remaining straps.

After getting the entire pool up, it ended up being 2 feet off centered from where I need it to sit. Hoping it will be relatively easy to drag the pool over a couple feet to align with the side-by-side 16x8x4 cinderblocks that I will be digging today to go underneath the U-supports. Right now I have one long side of U Supports entirely on the pink foam board and the other long side is 2 feet past the foam into the dirt.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.