Intex pumps

Charlie thanx for the input. I was thinking along the same lines.
I have another topic going regarding SLAMing since my pool was really green. Most of this was due to not knowing what to do and trusting the pool store chemicals. That quickly changed after finding this site, purchasing a reliable test kit (TF100) and going the BBB method. My current situation is that after 3 days of SLAMing, the water has improved tremendously, however it is still cloudy. My Intex 1500 pump has been running 24-7 with exchanging carts for a clean 1 everyday. Is upgrading to a sand filter advisable at this point?

Everything I've read about SLAMing and sand filters says that they can be slower to clean a cloudy pool than carts or DE. You filter takes the A or C carts, right? Try finding 1 or 2 Unicel C-4607 and be prepared to at least change/clean twice a day. Yes, they are that much better at getting the fine crud that is clouding your pool.

Remember, your pool didn't get algae overnight, and it will take a bit of time to clear the last remaining debris from it.

Charlie, advice taken. I will continue my switching out filters and order some Unicel carts in the meantime. I can see why some newbies think it is a quick fix and want faster results. I'll just wait it out, though it can be challenging sometimes.

If you haven't already; I would upgrade to an Intex sand filter ASAP.

Check my previous post's; I pretty much did the same thing earlier this summer. I spent way too long trying to convince myself the standard cartridge filter was adequate. I even upgraded to the better cartridges that clogged up every 4 days. I really wanted to upgrade to a bigger better cartridge filter to avoid back washing, but ultimately I got a Intex 2650 sand filter due to the options available and direct compatibility.

Absolutely no regrets. Wish I had done it way sooner. The flow, filtering performance, and maintenance make it great to have. Back washing has proved to be way less work to deal with, and WAY less frequent than messing with those cartridge filters.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.