Intex pump leaking

Poolnewbie144

Jul 2, 2020
Littleton, CO
Okay, first time intex pool owner here. We have a Ultra Frame XTR with sand filter. We are having issues with our pump with setup. We took it apart a couple of times and put it all back together and seems to be working just fine now when it is on.. But when it is off it leaks (dripping) water from where the leaf basket attaches to pump. Here are pictures of the setup that we have from Intex, there are two little rubber rings on the part the leaf basket slides onto, and then like a plastic nut thing that we tighten once we put the basket into position.. are we missing a piece?? Should we add something to stop the leaking? (Plumbers tape? Some kind of goop?) This is super frustrating to say the least.FB_IMG_1595994006573.jpg20200727_182450.jpg20200727_182434.jpg

The rubber O rings should definitely be enough to stop the leaks. I might inspect the rings and make sure they appear smooth and undamaged and inspect the inside of the basket to make sure that it also appears smooth and undamaged.

You can also use some silicon grease on the O rings. (You can find it in the plumbing section of a hardware store)

Okay, first time intex pool owner here. We have a Ultra Frame XTR with sand filter. We are having issues with our pump with setup. We took it apart a couple of times and put it all back together and seems to be working just fine now when it is on.. But when it is off it leaks (dripping) water from where the leaf basket attaches to pump. Here are pictures of the setup that we have from Intex, there are two little rubber rings on the part the leaf basket slides onto, and then like a plastic nut thing that we tighten once we put the basket into position.. are we missing a piece?? Should we add something to stop the leaking? (Plumbers tape? Some kind of goop?) This is super frustrating to say the least.View attachment 155608View attachment 155609View attachment 155611
Have you had the basket filling with air? That has been my issue and I am thinking it might be these o-rings.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.