Intex pump flow slowing and speeding up

Emhubbell724

Jun 6, 2021
We have an Intex Krystal Klear 2500gph pump on a 12ft pool (2500 Gph Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump, 110-120V with GFCI). It was working fine until a couple of days ago, now it works well for a minute or two and then it sputters and the pressure drops waaaaay down. I searched and tried the most commonly recommended solutions: we've replaced the filter, checked for leaks, and tried all of the tilting/air releasing (it doesn't seem like much air is getting trapped, if any). It does feel hot to the touch but it sits in the sun and it has been hot the last couple of day. Any ideas? We just got this at the end of last season, I really really don't want to replace it.

Thanks!

Does the sound change when its running and pressure drops? I have one as well and ran it 24/7 last season and will again this year on my little 10 foot intex. Only time it sounded funny was when it would get air sucked in and run dry momentarily or if it needed the filter cleaned.

One thing to check is to see if the impeller has debris in it or it turns hard. Its possible that there is something around the impeller that is causing it to slow down after running for a bit as it causes excessive friction and makes the motor work harder than it is supposed to and that it starts to slow down. Also possible that the impeller is somehow loose from the driveshaft.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.