Intex price increase?

Jun 19, 2015
Rochester/NH
After losing & then replacing the septic in our yard this summer I was hoping to replace our old Intex Ultra Frame 18' with a 22' or 24' but the prices are through the roof! I don't know what happened this year but typically there are numerous close outs this time of year but all I can find are $1000 price tags on average? Also seems like there is a lack of inventory which of course only drives pricing higher. There are plenty of Coleman's in stock but I wonder if the quality is the same since I was really pleased with my Intex? Did Intex raise prices or not produce enough so there is no overstock this year? For $1,000 I'd rather spend a little more next year & just buy a hard sided AGP if this is Intex's new price strategy.

Kmart online has 22
9922736a439f8eb11492551963f5743e.jpg

Do you have any kmart stores going out of business near you? There are 2 closing near me which both have an intex ultra frame 20x48 for $369 (!!!) and I'm doing everything I can to stop myself from buying one. I need to replace my metal frame 18x48 and I'm looking to switch to an ultra frame, but going from 18' to 20' would mean I need to deal with leveling and pavers and I just can't do it. They also have a bunch of bestway 18x48 which seem to be the same metal frame as my intex. (Those are $359)

Target has the 18x48 ultra frame for 499 and I'm praying that I can catch one when they do their seasonal markdowns.

I'm nervous about the coleman and bestway although they all look to be very similar almost as if the same company is making all of them and just branding them differently. I know they have different fittings but all my fittings will be switched out to 1.5" hayward fittings anyway so that's kind of irrelevant for me.

In Virginia Beach...

That's such a good deal!

I really want the 18x52 ultra frame but it's really expensive everywhere I find it. I found one place that has it for $599 and I'm considering it. Saw some discussions about buying one online vs. locally and potential issues that could arise if it arrives damaged. That is, if I buy it at target, get it home and it's messed up, I'm shoving it back in the car and bringing it right on back to the store.

If I buy it from randompoolsupply.com (wonder if that site exists? lol) and it arrives damaged, I might have to deal with Intex for a replacement. Not sure if I want to risk it. I sure wish someone local had the 18x52 available in store or site to store. (for not $1200!)

Still considering the bestway 18x48 metal frame (looks just like my current pool except the "stupid" rubber nipple connection thingies + extra hole) for $349.

I bought a 26x52 ultra frame from walmart.com and just did the ship to store for free for around $600. I watched the prices for a year, they went anywhere from about 600 to 1200, and half the time they weren't available. If you have time to wait it out I'd bet you could pick up the 24' for about $500

I agree with the WalMart ship to store option. You'll likely get it in under a week, and still have the option of local return if it's damaged.

Our local Academy sporting goods stores carry a large inventory of Intex pools, and they have massive markdowns on them toward the end of the season, if you have those where you live. I usually pick up a spare SWG just to have it on hand for less than the price of a cell from Intex.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Another +1 for Walmart ship-to-store.

I upgraded this year from an 18x48 and kept watching Walmart on-line this spring and checking in store. They had the Coleman 22x52 in stock but I had to order the Intex 22x52 on-line. It was $499 and it arrived at the store in 1 week. If you do choose that route, best time for best prices will likely be early next year.

Saw the coleman 18x48 power frame (the one like the ultra frame) in a local Walmart for 299 and I'm very tempted. That's 200 less than the target intex ultra frame 18x48 $499.

When I was on the Walmart website looking at reviews I got very nervous because there were several that were pretty recent that had the legs bend on them. :-/ I definitely don't want to deal with that!

Sorry mine is power frame . 26 round 52 height. The guy who put it up. Has put up lots of intex and believe these are stronger. Maybe the smaller ones are not? The legs on mine are seem thicker than the ontex?

It seems like the frames would be made out of the same materials based on type not size. I'm definitely thinking about just buying the coleman from Walmart. It's such a good price.

If prefer 18x52 so I feel like I'm getting an upgrade but the cheapest I've found it is $599 and... Nervous about what I'd do if something went wrong because that one would be purchased from an online pool supplies retailer.

I'm going in vacation starting Sunday so I probably won't be doing anything until we're back anyway.

Except more research...

I just saw the Coleman 26' for $499 at my local Walmart & I'm tempted but still not sold on the strength of the frame vs the Intex. I live in NH & planning on leaving it up year round since I tore the liner on my Intex taking it down, seems safer to just leave it up & get a few years out of it if possible.

That settles it! The target intex ultra frame 18x48 got marked down today! I went to the closest store that I knew had it in stock to check. And it was marked 30% off which makes it $349. The box was a little mashed as it can be with these big expensive things. Last week I had seen another store that had two of them and one was in a pristine box so I decided to risk it and drive to the other store. Walking down to the pool stuff it dawned on me they might not have even marked it down yet in the store. (They have a habit of doing the markdowns all at different times around me.)

But when I walked up to the pools... Theirs were marked 50%off! And they had the one in the pristine box!

I just got the Intex 18x48 Ultra Frame pool for $249.99!

Im here in texas and usually towards the middle of august they start marking down there pools. Two years ago I got the best deal ever at toysrus I go the 18' x 52" ultra with sand filter for 169 at toysrus. They had posted the wrong price for it and would only sell me 1, I wanted all 3 that they had, but the correct price was still supposed to be 349. Keep an eye on the toy store when they want to get rid of seasonal they slash the prices

G

Also, don't forget that a lot of credit cards offer price protection as a benefit so you can purchase now and keep checking the price for the next 60-90 days and file a price protection claim if it goes down.

Best of both worlds. You get the pool now and still possibility get the lower price later if it goes on sale/clearance later.

I usually do this with online purchases so am not sure what sort of proof would work for a brick and mortar store but it doesn't need to be the same type of store to qualify so you should be able to price match brick and mortar with online stores as well.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.