Intex plumbing

I ordered the intex sand filter from amazon a week ago,but i having a challenge deciding on what side of the pool to put the pump because on one side there is a tru the wall skimmer and on the other side is the black rubber parts for the pump.

So my question is on what side to put the pump,and if i put the pump on the side the thru the wall skimmer do i have to put in a another suction port for the pump deeper in the water for better water circulation???

I have the same skimmer on my 26' intex the curvature of the wall was minimal and the skimmer fitted flush to the pool wall on the horizontal. On a 15' you might want to hold it up on the side of your pool to see if the pool wall curves excessively away from the skimmer housing. Also on mine I found more curve on the vertical as the wall comes down, it curves outward. Just food for thought.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So today i started filling and modifying the pool.first i reinstalled the thru the wall skimmer the return.then i cut the hole for "main drain" on the lowest part of the pool wall i could found and i also installed a 2nd return.

till now i have the "main drain" and the new return plumbed with the intex sand filter,tomorrow going to the hardware store to get some pvc to hook up the skimmer and the other return.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    341.3 KB · Views: 37
I have the same setup as yours, and it works great! The 2650 gph will shoot the water across the pool nicely, and works fine with my Hayward thru the wall skimmer. I bought this pump with the expectation of getting a larger pool and being able to use the same pump. It is a great setup!

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Yeah last night i hooked up the 2650 gph and man that thing moves allot of water.
But now i have a major leak on the new intex return i installed,the leak is where the big nut is on the outside.
Today i was experimenting with the hayward return i found out i could just connect the hose from the sand filter to the hayward return.i just put some plumbing tape on the return i put on one of the rubber gasket i found in one of the plunger valve.and it works really good now with no leaks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.