Intex hoses leaking

Aug 2, 2015
tulsa, ok
I have a 15x48 intex pool with 2 hoses (the clear smaller ones) to sand filter pump and saltwater system. My two oulet hoses connect to a valve shutoff tgen to the pump. I’ve replaced the teo hoses twice this year from cracking. Ordered teplacements each time from Amazon (to get here quicker than Intex. I’ve had my pool for 4 years (second year with this setup) and it’s the first time I’ve had hoses cracking. There seems to be a lot of weight on where they connect to the pool with the heavy valve setup.

Inoticed I was getting a lot of air over the past few weeks but couldn’t find any leaks. Finally found a crack in a hose today. I’m done with those hoses. My question is, how can I use the better solid white larger Intex type hoses to replace them when my wall outlets are the smaller ones? Also, how would larger hoses affect the flow of water? Would it be too much?

I know someone out there has done this. I get frustrated that just about the time everything is working great another problem pops up.

I love my setup since I got the sand pump/filter for my saltwater system and the Intex Mars rover vaccuum. That’s what I call it. Just tired of replacing hoses.

My question is, how can I use the better solid white larger Intex type hoses to replace them when my wall outlets are the smaller ones?

You would need to change out the outlets to the bigger size. I went with Hayward fittings and had to cut mine to accommodate the larger fittings...it's not as intimidating as you'd think.

Also, how would larger hoses affect the flow of water? Would it be too much?

More water coming out, possibly a bit hard, but it would not be too much at all.

The Intex “B” adapters are made to clamp onto the 1-1/4 stubs coming out of the pool, and accept the Intex 40MM / 1-1/2screw on hoses.

When I had an easy-set pool 5 years ago I tried them and one actually came loose from the pool, dumping about a third of the pool overnight. They only clamp onto the pool stubs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.