Intex Hard Plumb - Air Jet Valve

krautfed

Apr 29, 2019
Baton Rouge, LA
Im almost completely finished with Intex sand pump and filter hard plumb. My two pool outlets (to pump) are Hayward SP1023 fittings. My one pool inlet (from pump) is currently the Intex threaded with eyeball jet. It has an air jet valve which all I can tell is an aerator for the jet.

Im debating on just replacing the entire Intex threaded wall connector and go Hayward. However in looking at videos, I dont see people adding an air jet valve /aerator to Hayward setup. Ive tried to search a little but Im short on time. I see some results that the air jet valve can increase pH which I dont have an issue with.

Should I ditch the air jet valve and go Hayward SP1023 with jet?

Attachments

• 20190531_095836.jpg
    20190531_095836.jpg
    443 KB · Views: 17
  • 20190531_095913.jpg
    20190531_095913.jpg
    322.2 KB · Views: 18
Im almost completely finished with Intex sand pump and filter hard plumb. My two pool outlets (to pump) are Hayward SP1023 fittings. My one pool inlet (from pump) is currently the Intex threaded with eyeball jet. It has an air jet valve which all I can tell is an aerator for the jet.

Im debating on just replacing the entire Intex threaded wall connector and go Hayward. However in looking at videos, I dont see people adding an air jet valve /aerator to Hayward setup. Ive tried to search a little but Im short on time. I see some results that the air jet valve can increase pH which I dont have an issue with.

Should I ditch the air jet valve and go Hayward SP1023 with jet?
What did you use to connect the hard plumbing to the Hayward SP1023 threaded fitting?

I´ve seen many posts but I´m having a hard time on finding the right adapter. o_O

Hugo

I too had trouble finding exactly what to use. Suprising on such a helpful forum when it seems the Hayward is so popular.

First off, I couldn't find that the SP1023 is a standard wall fitting. It is used for inlets and outlets. So buy 3! The Hayward SP1026 is the grate for outlet aka pump suction side. If you want to connect an Intex vacuum or Deluxe Overwall Skimmer, the SPX1091Z7 works. For jet nozzle the SP1419 works. SP1419 is offered in different nozzle opening diameters depending on pump size. SP1419D is 3/4". All of these were available locally at Pinch-A-Penny or online at several websites.

To answer your question, SP1023 fitting accepts a 1 1/2" PVC Street Elbow. The street elbow is Male threads on one end, female slip on the other. Tip: the threads require a lot of thread tape or paste. The elbow also has to be fully threaded into the SP1023 to seal properly. So the sequence is, installed SP1023 loosely, apply thread tape/paste liberally, fully thread elbow into loose SP1023, then rotate SP1023/elbow to final desired position, then lastly tighten SP1023 to the wall.

Reactions: hugomaha
I too had trouble finding exactly what to use. Suprising on such a helpful forum when it seems the Hayward is so popular.

First off, I couldn't find that the SP1023 is a standard wall fitting. It is used for inlets and outlets. So buy 3! The Hayward SP1026 is the grate for outlet aka pump suction side. If you want to connect an Intex vacuum or Deluxe Overwall Skimmer, the SPX1091Z7 works. For jet nozzle the SP1419 works. SP1419 is offered in different nozzle opening diameters depending on pump size. SP1419D is 3/4". All of these were available locally at Pinch-A-Penny or online at several websites.

To answer your question, SP1023 fitting accepts a 1 1/2" PVC Street Elbow. The street elbow is Male threads on one end, female slip on the other. Tip: the threads require a lot of thread tape or paste. The elbow also has to be fully threaded into the SP1023 to seal properly. So the sequence is, installed SP1023 loosely, apply thread tape/paste liberally, fully thread elbow into loose SP1023, then rotate SP1023/elbow to final desired position, then lastly tighten SP1023 to the wall.
That's it!! The final piece of the puzzle!
I've been searching for some days now, and after many posts I finally got a clear picture.
I really appreciate your detailed answer, thank you so much! :cheers:
Now it's just a matter of searching for the parts here in Portugal.
Have a great weekend!

Hugo

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.