Sep 21, 2021
Suffield, CT
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all -
We have a 15’ intex grey panel pool here in Northern Connecticut. My wife and I have been battling whether or not to cover our pool.
I issue is that moat covers have those cable lock things, and with the grey panel pool, I would be compressing the plastic fascia legs, potentially cracking them.
Also, if I help the cover with hanging milk jugs, I can foresee the jugs hanging against the grey plastic panels, scuffing or even cracking them. Taking all the panels off would be a HUGE pain, so I vote no cover, unless you think im way wrong here. Pics of pool attached.
Advice greatly appreciated! Many thanks 204E524D-5EB0-4C95-8557-8BB6A54817B4.jpegCA4F2E48-FD7D-4355-97AD-9FDCD373FC85.jpeg

I have not covered my pool in the 8 years I have had it.. I do not have trees around my property.. You may get some leaves but the trees seem to be far away.. I would do a couple things..

1. when the temp of the water gets below 60 degrees take you FC to SLAM level.
2. pull your equipment, put it in the garage and call it a day...
3. on a nice 60 degree day in Jan, mix your water with a brush, test your FC and take it back to SLAM level and brush it again to mix everything...
4. Open the pool before the water hits 60 degrees..

This is what mine looks like in spring doing exactly those directions.. This is from multiple years, 1 year I had more leaves.. :)

That is what I closed my pool with.. I used a shopvac to blow air through the pipes, works great when not lowering the water :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.