Intex Delux Pool Skimmer

Khayes

May 28, 2020
Las vegas
Just bought this Intex Delux Pool Skimmer. I am not able to get suction into the skimmer. Pool has two strainers and I put a flow restrictor on one. Suctioned 10 times better on the other now. Hooked the hose up that connects to the skimmer. Skimmer all set up. No suction. Nada, not pulling anything in. Pulled hose off of bottom of basket that connects to the skimmer, full suction as well. What am I doing wrong? I know these things are temperamental, but working on my temper too lol.

Just bought this Intex Delux Pool Skimmer. I am not able to get suction into the skimmer. Pool has two strainers and I put a flow restrictor on one. Suctioned 10 times better on the other now. Hooked the hose up that connects to the skimmer. Skimmer all set up. No suction. Nada, not pulling anything in. Pulled hose off of bottom of basket that connects to the skimmer, full suction as well. What am I doing wrong? I know these things are temperamental, but working on my temper too lol.
I have the same skimmer and I'm not going through all the troublenof cutting the liner to install a real skimmer. I block off the other intake with the little black stopper that usually comes with the pool and it works great.

I have the same skimmer on our brand new 12x24x52 xtr and it works great here in New England with all of the buds/leaves falling from the trees. I just emptied a huge basket of debris that had been sucked in over night. I have it on the suction hole closest to the corner, and it’s basically just at the level of the water. Can you post a video of the skimmer when the pump
Is on? We had an issue with it at the beginning, I think it was air in the line or something.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.