Intex CS8110 SWG question

Jul 9, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Quick question... Do you need to adjust the run time based off the chlorine levels throughout the year or do you "set it and forget it"? I check my levels about once a week or so and noticed yesterday my chlorine is creeping higher. It's currently at 7.5 which is not terrible, but I normally keep it around 5.5. Just curious..

Thanks in advance!!

CHEERS!!:cheers:

Adjustments will need to be made. Did you change your run time? What is the SWG percentage set at? Are you adhering to the
Chlorine/CYA Chart

My SWG doesn't have a percentage setting, just an hourly run and I ALWAYS adhere to the chlorine/CYA chart.. LOL!! This is the first SWG I have owned and was just curious if the chlorine level fluctuated with heat and coolness of the water and if it was normal to have to adjust the run times is why I asked.

Your chlorine levels will creep up as the pool temp drops, and or less sun hits it.
Beside the chlorine working to kill off something, the biggest factors that use up chlorine are heat, and UV.
We HAVE had a bunch of rain, and cooler than average temperatures the past couple of days.
I also had to dial down my Stenner for the same reason.

Yes, it's normal for FC to vary some based upon a number of factors, ie. bather load, sunshine, etc.

I don't waste much time chasing a particular target. I just pick a minimum that I don't want to fall below, personally I use 10% of CYA, then make sure my SWG runs at least long enough to maintain that. If it gets a little higher I just leave it be. If it gets to 20% of CYA I'll dial it back, but anything between 10-20% I leave it alone.

It's safe to swim up to 40% OF CYA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.