Intex CS20110 pump and sand filter

Jun 17, 2017
Florida
I got this pump free and it seems to work. I only have the PUMP and not the big container standing beside it in the picture. I don't necessarily care about converting it to salt but can I just use the sand pump and filter basket with it? It does seem to pump the pool just fine but I dont want the salt part of it. I guess its called an ionizer, to cause any damage to my chlorine pool.

Attachments

• Capture+_2018-05-31-17-27-10.jpg
    Capture+_2018-05-31-17-27-10.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 15
Sure, you can use the pump, but it sounds like you have no filter. The big container next to it, as you call it, is the sand filter. The little basket and strainer at the end of the pump is just to keep leaves and sticks from jamming up the pump and damaging it. It will do nothing to clear your water. You need to have some sort of filtration system.

Sure, you can use the pump, but it sounds like you have no filter. The big container next to it, as you call it, is the sand filter. The little basket and strainer at the end of the pump is just to keep leaves and sticks from jamming up the pump and damaging it. It will do nothing to clear your water. You need to have some sort of filtration system.

That makes sense now. I can't seem to find just the filter but I'll keep looking. Thank you. Will i need to make it saltwater too?

That makes sense now. I can't seem to find just the filter but I'll keep looking. Thank you. Will i need to make it saltwater too?
It looks like that unit has a saltwater generator built in, but you can probably turn it off. So no, I don't think you'd have to use it.

Well, if you don't put any salt in your pool, it won't make chlorine, so that's probably the easiest thing to do. However, it might beep a warning about "low salt" and that could get annoying.

See if you can find a .PDF of the owners manual online. I'm sure there's an option to turn off the SWG while keeping the pump running.

However, is there some particular reason you don't want to use the SWG? They are very convenient -- I wouldn't be without one.

Also, the $40 is to add the sand filter, right? You need to be sure that includes the multiport valve as well and not just the tank. That's the black part on top with the lever that the hoses attach to. You also need the collar that attaches the multiport valve to the tank. Plus there are internal pieces, ie. riser tube, laterals, etc., that you need. You need to be very clear that you need the *entire* sand filter setup and not just the tank. $40 sounds extremely cheap to me, and that makes me suspicious of what you are getting.

Well, if you don't put any salt in your pool, it won't make chlorine, so that's probably the easiest thing to do. However, it might beep a warning about "low salt" and that could get annoying.

See if you can find a .PDF of the owners manual online. I'm sure there's an option to turn off the SWG while keeping the pump running.

However, is there some particular reason you don't want to use the SWG? They are very convenient -- I wouldn't be without one.

Also, the $40 is to add the sand filter, right? You need to be sure that includes the multiport valve as well and not just the tank. That's the black part on top with the lever that the hoses attach to. You also need the collar that attaches the multiport valve to the tank. Plus there are internal pieces, ie. riser tube, laterals, etc., that you need. You need to be very clear that you need the *entire* sand filter setup and not just the tank. $40 sounds extremely cheap to me, and that makes me suspicious of what you are getting.

After further research, it is just the tank. Dadgummit. Might be just as cheap to get the whole shabang And sell the PUMP as is. Nothing is easy I guess. And pool companies treat u differently when u say intex

Thanks Jeff

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.