Intex auto cleaner

Hello Cindy and welcome to TFP! :wave: So sorry no one has replied to your first post which is a few weeks old by now. I know there are tons of Intex and Summer Wave owners on the forum. I guess none have noticed your thread. If you need to, reply back as much as you need to to keep this thread active and visible. If you have already resolved your situation, let us know how it turned out. It may help other members. Have a good day. :swim:

I have adapters for the standard reduction from 1.5 to 1.25, but this intex auto cleaner is supposed to hook up to the threaded return fitting on the inside of the pool. I don't know what kind of adapter to use for that. The intex screw on return fitting is too big for my summer waves. I only have one return with a skimmer pump that I converted to the sand filter. It is a 12 foot summer waves dark wicker pool.

I may be off base with the adapters since I haven't seen the end of the cleaner hose nor the pool side threads. Is the Intex hose female 1-1/4" threaded? Is the pool side 1-1/2" male? Got pics?
Can you replace the hose on the cleaner with one that has no threaded connection and use the above adapter?