Intex 32x16x52 Intex Rect Pool - pavers spacing?

Caffeine Chemist

May 3, 2020
Houston, TX
Ultra XTR Intex 32 x 16 x 52 Intex Rectangular Pool with salt water system

Love this forum! Thank you all for your help.

I read the useful links for new Intex pool owners.
(Useful links for fellow Intex Pool Owners)
Already thinking about some mods but want to get it set up first.

We have cleared all the grass, dug down to hard packed soil, dug out lots of rocks, broken pots, clay chimney liner, nails, bricks, a bath mat, buried empty PVC pipes, broken plastic Easter eggs, old phone and cable lines, more roots than I care to talk about, etc.

After 2 weeks of work (off and on because of school - I'm a teacher and both kids are working), we are finishing up the leveling the interior area and I am ready to start placing the 16x16x4 concrete pavers for supports.

Plans & Questions:
1) We plan to place 1/2" EPS foam board (FOAMULAR brand) under pool, triple tape, -

* Does the tarp go over or under the EPS?
* Should I leave the pavers 1/2" proud of the surface to be level with the 1/2" EPS?

2) I'd like to place the blocks before I open the box and start spilling stuff out. I find some references to it in other posts but the links referenced were broken. When I searched I didn't see anything that would show the distances of the pavers.

* Does anyone have a template with center-to-center measurements for the pavers of this pool?

Reactions: Aannkkaatt
I can help! Just did this. We put it in a graveled area and couldn't get to the bottom of it and one of the experts here recommended putting an inch of packed cement sand under my foam board. On my short side of the pool it was 42 inch on center and on long side was 44 inches on center. It might also be helpful to know that bottom of the pool once full does NOT reach the 32x16 footprint. In the middle of wall it will reach that but not at base. A couple people posted this picture diagram. And some say these dimensions weren't accurate for them but they were on mine.BB50546D-ABF6-4D5F-96F0-4414F3FC5340.jpeg

Attachments

• 71h0izltjNL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    71h0izltjNL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 275
I can help! Just did this. We put it in a graveled area and couldn't get to the bottom of it and one of the experts here recommended putting an inch of packed cement sand under my foam board. On my short side of the pool it was 42 inch on center and on long side was 44 inches on center. It might also be helpful to know that bottom of the pool once full does NOT reach the 32x16 footprint. In the middle of wall it will reach that but not at base. A couple people posted this picture diagram. And some say these dimensions weren't accurate for them but they were on mine.View attachment 138102

thank you! Yes, it does help a lot to know that the base is not 32x16

thank you! Yes, it does help a lot to know that the base is not 32x16
We ended up filling up pool just to see where these darn legs stretched out to be. Our water is cheap so I would rather pay for water then to have to redo the pavers. I got the concrete solids which are 8 in wide x 4 in tall x 16 inch long. We are going to dig them out on Saturday and I will double check my measurements tomorrow bc I don't want to tell you wrong. I THINK my blocks are going to be pretty close to my foam board which we got to be exactly 16x32. So glad I didn't dig them bc I would have done them all wrong.

Reactions: Caffeine Chemist
Here is a diagram I drew for putting my blocks in. So now I understand why some people said 41-42 inches for short side on centers and 44-45 inches for long side. They couldn't make the numbers nice and even and also the spacing in the center of the pool on both sides is slightly bigger. So that just throws everything off a bit more. Also this assumes that legs are folding out all the way and perfectly straight so make sure you have all the wrinkles out of the bottom and your walking around checking them as you fill. Some of ours didn't do this and we thought we were paying attention. Good luck and I hope this helps. 15893019294723246375587808137413.jpg

Here is a diagram I drew for putting my blocks in. So now I understand why some people said 41-42 inches for short side on centers and 44-45 inches for long side. They couldn't make the numbers nice and even and also the spacing in the center of the pool on both sides is slightly bigger. So that just throws everything off a bit more. Also this assumes that legs are folding out all the way and perfectly straight so make sure you have all the wrinkles out of the bottom and your walking around checking them as you fill. Some of ours didn't do this and we thought we were paying attention. Good luck and I hope this helps. View attachment 138275

THANK YOU! We are placing pavers today and this will help

I am filling up mine now it's supposed to hit 80 here today and we are so ready for it so quick tip. With the first fill I made sure the legs were pulled out however some legs were a little lop sided on corners and I know why now. The long walls majorly bow but straighten once full. So while it's bowing it's pulling more on one side of the leg bc of the concave shape. Hope that makes sense so start pulling them out straight. The corners are especially effected. On the first fill I couldn't understand how so many legs looked like they were pulled from the side and I think this is it. See this pic. As it curves the side of the leg pointed toward the middle is being pulled side ways. IMG_20200515_104813.jpg

Did you end up doing your fill on Friday? Everything go smoothly? We ran into an unexpected problem...for some reason the water level was off by over 2 inches AFTER putting blocks under the feet level with the foam board. The 1st fill we were off by under an inch and all the feet were lower then foam board and about half had sank down a little in the sand so I wonder why that is? We also for the first fill used slack lines to hold all of the walls OUT so they wouldn't cave in and wish we would have done that again bc we had some get stuck behind the blocks and had to dig two out and put the block back under but still higher then 1st fill. Hope everything is going well. Out water temp is 67 degrees and my daughter who is 8 was in for most of the day but I couldn't bc that's toooo cold for me.

We had 2 days of rain.

We are still fighting with the blocks.

We did the first four on one side and just getting those right took almost forever. They are still about 1" lower than I want and not perfectly level with each other. Not sure we can get these level without a transit.

We look to be about 1.5" off level from front to back - almost perfect side to side.

I was hoping to get those placed before the pool setup but I have given up on that and we will start tomorrow morning to setup the pool and place the blocks under the supports.

Did you end up doing your fill on Friday? Everything go smoothly? We ran into an unexpected problem...for some reason the water level was off by over 2 inches AFTER putting blocks under the feet level with the foam board. The 1st fill we were off by under an inch and all the feet were lower then foam board and about half had sank down a little in the sand so I wonder why that is? We also for the first fill used slack lines to hold all of the walls OUT so they wouldn't cave in and wish we would have done that again bc we had some get stuck behind the blocks and had to dig two out and put the block back under but still higher then 1st fill. Hope everything is going well. Out water temp is 67 degrees and my daughter who is 8 was in for most of the day but I couldn't bc that's toooo cold for me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We had 2 days of rain.

We are still fighting with the blocks.

We did the first four on one side and just getting those right took almost forever. They are still about 1" lower than I want and not perfectly level with each other. Not sure we can get these level without a transit.

We look to be about 1.5" off level from front to back - almost perfect side to side.

I was hoping to get those placed before the pool setup but I have given up on that and we will start tomorrow morning to setup the pool and place the blocks under the supports.
I used a water level mad from a couple 2x2s, yard stick and vinyl tubing, it worked great. Check this out.

Reactions: Caffeine Chemist
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.