Intex 26679eg SWG startup

Webvision

May 12, 2020
Nj
Got an Intex 26679eg SWG with a 14x42 round pool, 3300 gallons volume to fill line. All pvc hardplumbed with a Hayward and 80sqft of solar panels.
When I fill the pool with tap (city water) do I first add salt-run pump for 24 hours, than swg on boost for another 24 hours and then test to see how much CYA I need?
Some people say do CYA first but in Intex docs it says not to do it.
Also since the pump is overpowered do I still run the swg on boost for 24 hours or shorter?
Eventually I’ll run the swg for 2 hours/day and pump all day for the solar.
Any help or suggestion on best startup is greatly appreciated.

I never use the boost feature on my SWG. I fill the pool and start the pump. Add the proper amount of liquid chlorine to bring up my FC level and add the salt. Brush the salt around until it is fully dissolved. Let the pump run and start the SWG the next day. You can do your cya test as soon as you fill the pool. If you need to add cya you can use the time that your pump is circulating the salt to slowly add your cya with a sock hanging in front of your discharge.

I never use the boost feature on my SWG. I fill the pool and start the pump. Add the proper amount of liquid chlorine to bring up my FC level and add the salt. Brush the salt around until it is fully dissolved. Let the pump run and start the SWG the next day. You can do your cya test as soon as you fill the pool. If you need to add cya you can use the time that your pump is circulating the salt to slowly add your cya with a sock hanging in front of your discharge.
This is what I do.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.