Intex 2100gph sand filter GFCI cord

Jun 29, 2017
Selden
Hello all. New to the site and just have a question about the GFCI they put on the end of the cord on these pumps. I had an old cartridge filter with Hayward connected to a GFCI outlet. A timer wired to my panel (right next to it) turned the GFi on and ran it for as long as i wanted then shut it off. Was no issued for years. Now I have this great new filter that is way less maintenance, but I have to go out every day and pop the little red button on the cord GFI to send power to the pump. For some reason, the cord GFI trips but the outlet does not when timer powers it up. This is killing me, any advice?

I am about to replace the end with a standard plug end if i cannot get a resolution that is better.

I believe the deal is; the Intex GFCI's are manual reset type. Meaning they need to be reset each they are powered. Because you are using a timer, power is being cycled therefore the GFCI needs to be reset. You can verify this by plugging into a standard outlet, reset it, then unplug and plug it back in. Should need to be reset again.

If the provided power is already GFCI protected, you can remove the cord end GFCI and replace with a standard plug.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.