Intex 15x48 return sucks

PoolD

Jun 4, 2017
Chicago, IL
As you can see in the pic, this is the return fitting for my Intex 15x48 and it sucks! There is no adjustable eye, just a hole. I'm looking to replace however, I'm struggling to find a good replacement. Intex has an adjustable one but I'd rather see if I can find something comparable somewhere else first.

The size on this is 3.5" wide and the small "eye" is 1". Any suggestions on where I can find a better one or a mod to this one.

Thanks!!

8a2b2413d5d6496de0ca4736642debd1.jpg
e31785996efb2da7237dd2fed8bf6d1c.jpg

Is this acceptable for a return mod? I jammed a piece of pvc in the eye to get the water to run a little down and to the right. I'm seeing more circulation but the water no longer bubbles up towards the surface like it was before. Is that ok?

a36936ed9c0e9b15ff7f8d9910d5a1b4.jpg

Is this acceptable for a return mod? I jammed a piece of pvc in the eye to get the water to run a little down and to the right. I'm seeing more circulation but the water no longer bubbles up towards the surface like it was before. Is that ok?

Why not? I have similar in my eyeballs since they don't adjust sideways as much as I'd like. One has a T shoved inside so half blow to the side and half blows towards the bottom.

That's what I did! Can easily hook up fountains to this. At the moment I'm using a T and some valves to divert some of the return through an improvised solar system. Worked well in a pinch.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.