Intex 15110-1 leaking

Poolsarework

Jun 14, 2020
CADILLAC, Michigan
Hello,

I have an Intex 15110-1 sand filter combination pool system. I hooked it up for the first time this season a few weeks ago and noticed it was leaking around the pre-filter housing assembly. I ordered a new pre-filter housing and new gaskets and the problem is still persisting. I will post a video later. Any help or tips are greatly appreciated. For some reason it seems like I am missing a gasket. The troubleshooting tech said I would have everything that I needed though.

What kind of leak are we talking about... a drip, a stream? Are you sure it’s not coming from somewhere else and channeling to that point?

What kind of leak are we talking about... a drip, a stream? Are you sure it’s not coming from somewhere else and channeling to that point?
It's probably losing 10-20 gallons a minute. It's definitely coming out from where the picture indicates.

When I initially fill the pre-filter there is a slow drip. Once under pressure, it gushes out. It's near impossible to get on the phone with Intex as well and the previous owner is unsure of the cause as well.

Odd. There shouldn't be pressure there, that's the inlet. I would not expect the leak to get worse with the pump on. If anything it should be sucking air in.

Are you sure your valves on the pool inlet and outlet hoses are open and the 6 way valve is correctly positioned?

My pump looks a little different but I have the double O-ring seal you mentioned.
IMG_20200624_080237637_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200624_080357528.jpg

There's nothing there that should be under pressure with the pump running...unless the pump housing is cracked.

Can you remove the pre-filter housing and inspect the pump body under that for cracks?

Odd. There shouldn't be pressure there, that's the inlet. I would not expect the leak to get worse with the pump on. If anything it should be sucking air in.

Are you sure your valves on the pool inlet and outlet hoses are open and the 6 way valve is correctly positioned?

My pump looks a little different but I have the double O-ring seal you mentioned.
View attachment 148987
View attachment 148988

There's nothing there that should be under pressure with the pump running...unless the pump housing is cracked.

Can you remove the pre-filter housing and inspect the pump body under that for cracks?
After further investigation, there is a small hairline crack right along the inside seam of the inlet pump cover. Dude, thanks so much for the insight! I thought I was going crazy. Minor oversight can cause a huge headache for sure. Time to grab the towels and Mai Tai's!

Reactions: jseyfert3

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.