Intex 15’ x 48” not fully level

TVC123

Jun 25, 2020
Milwaukee, WI
So we finally got our pool up and it’s ready for the kids. They’re super excited. We knew the ground wasn’t fully level, but just went with it because we thought it would be 2” or less. It’s 3.5” inches off level from the deepest to the shallowest part. It’s within 1-2” for 3/4 of the pool. It’s the one side (1/4) of the pool that’s on higher ground that’s causing the leaning. Is it a safety issue that it’ll collapse? Or will it just cause it to wear quicker? If it’s the latter I’m keen to just leave it up this season like this and fix up the area next year. If it’s a safety issue I’d have to drain and start over. Anyone have experience with something like this? Thanks.

Attachments

• 3D08F149-B436-4B15-99F3-A984BC37537A.jpeg
    3D08F149-B436-4B15-99F3-A984BC37537A.jpeg
    655.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 0FDEC3F1-447D-4F68-B737-1B39ABA9DEBA.jpeg
    0FDEC3F1-447D-4F68-B737-1B39ABA9DEBA.jpeg
    496.7 KB · Views: 31
This is what I found

Level ground is very important, if off by just 1-2 inches, a soft-sided pool can roll towards one side, which puts stress on the pool, and could lead to a blow out. This is the most important step in setting up an Intex pool! ... Use a line level on the string to measure for level at 12-36 points around the pool.

Does Intex pool have to be perfectly level?
Any more than two inches is unacceptable. Intex pools that are three inches off or more will not last and no one should be swimming in one. ... In an extreme case, the pool will collapse from the pressure. If your above ground pool is off by three inches or more, it needs to be taken down, leveled and reinstalled.

I would like to say watch it and be careful, but the potential repercussions of being wrong are too great in my opinion.

I understand. I think that due to the Intex statements, even if someone has had success being outside the stated parameters, they would be hesitant telling someone else it will be ok.
Good luck! 😀

• Haha
Reactions: TVC123
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.