intex 12'x30" install help

oba97

Jun 14, 2017
Midland Michigan
I purchased a Intex 12'x30" pool for my kids and have done a lot of reading. I understand about the ground needing to be level but most of the posts I have read are from people putting up a pool much larger than mine. With a pool my size is it still as important to be completely level? Can I be a few (lets say less than 3") off?

Thanks for helping a NOOB

Last edited:
Re: intex 12'x30"

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: Here at TFP we generally advise pool owners to ensure their pool is within about 1" level. There are a couple different versions or the 12 x 30 pool. If yours is a metal frame with the vertical poles that are placed on pavers, then I would try to meet that 1" level requirement. If yours is the bladder-type pool, you might get away with slightly more out-of-level grade, but you still want to minimize it as much as possible to prevent pool rupture.

Since your pool is under 3,000 gallons, you may want to review the TFP Pool School - Guide for Seasonal/Temporary Pools page for further assistance. Hope that helps.

I was in a similar situation with my pool. I was about 4 inches out of level and tree roots prevented me from digging down my high side so this was my solution. I made box out of pressure treated 2x8's. Then I dug a trench along the high side until the box would sit flush. Then I dug trenches down the sides and across the low side until the tops of the box were level. I then filled the box with road base in several layers compacting after each level. This left me with a strong level base to assemble my pool on. My pad is 16 feet square for a 14 foot pool. I have sold that house built I will try to find some pictures od the build for you.

I dug up the sod last night (it was a lot of work but manageable with a few beers :D). I will work on leveling the ground next but have a question. Do I need to put pavers under each foot of the frame? I know my pool is not huge but am wondering if the weight of the pool will cause the feet to sink into the soil when it rains now that I don't have grass helping to keep it up. I plan on putting a tarp between the ground and the pool but nothing else.

I have the pool up ?. I ended up leveling and placing cement pavers level with the ground under each foot. While I thought I was prefect, I was 1/2" - 3/4" out of level. I'm going to leave it as that seems pretty good to me. Now I have another issue....when I hooked up my filter I noticed the lower connection (the return to the pool) has a steady drip. Any thought on how to fix this? I have blocked the inlets and outlets for now so I don't start emptying my pool.

I don't recall how those pool hoses connect to the fittings (clamps, etc), but if you don't find a way to secure that connection, maybe post a pic so we can all see what you are dealing with. You might also try the search function above as there are usually many similar posts from other Intex owners. Either way, we'll try to help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.