Intermatic Timer Runs Constantly - Even Manual Switch Doesn't Work

I don't have a spa, but no one else has replied, so I'll give it a shot. I assume the "spa button" they were talking about was an air button located at the spa with the switch somewhere else. Are your three buttons part of an electronic display, or are they plunger type buttons like an air button?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my neighbors case it was a switch located in their control panel with a wireless remote capability. So I guess the control switch could be most anywhere. It should be the same switch that turns on the blower and switches automatic control valves for the spa.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I still can't figure this darn thing out. I inherited the spa with a home purchase and I'm going to guess it's probably 30 years old? There isn't any type of LCD display, the buttons are just plunger buttons. One turns the jets on slow, the other turns the jets on full blast, and the third is to the light. The heater, pump, blower and intermatic timer are located in our garage.

FWIW, my spa pump has been leaking lately, to the point where i had to lay down drip pans and drain every other week. When I first realized the pump was not turning off, i had a lot of water around the area of the garage where everything was located. Since then the leak has intensified. It used to just leak when the pump was running, but now it leaks constantly, to the point where I have to drain the drip pans almost every week, and I haven't ran the pump once.

I have no idea what to do next, the pump still will not operate with the timer and runs constantly anytime I flip the breaker. I can provide photo's if that might help anyone diagnose?

the button they are talking about is only of you have a separate pump for air. if i read the post correctly. My hottub didn't either. I have an adjustable dial for each position that change the amount of air introduced.

Your pump might be in circulation mode. I know mine had that if it got below like 35 degrees or something. it would kick on to keep the water from freezing up. Maybe your is stuck?

My posting was in relation to a pool/spa combination where the same pump that circulates and filters water for the pool can be switched to power the spa jets. Is that what you have? If yours is a different situation, you should start a new thread.

Welcome to TFP!

Do you have a freeze protection feature on your timer? It is quite possible for the freeze protection to get stuck on separately from what the timer is doing.

I'm having the same problem - after a few days of freezing weather, its now 50's and 60's outside, but I can only shut off my pool pump by turning it off at the breaker. I DO have a freeze protection feature on my equipment so I unhooked the thermostat to see if that did anything. That didn't work, so I am wondering if it is the relay switch or something else keeping it stuck "on". Thanks in advance to anyone with some advice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.