Intermatic timer motor

Jun 5, 2016
Matawan nj
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Is anyone else tired of the Intermatic timer nonsense? Without fail the motor goes every other year, this year it didn’t work when i opened the pool and i just replaced the motor last season. There’s also the fact that when there’s a power outage the timer runs in reverse when the power goes back on. That’s ridiculous! Are there any other options out there? I’ve seen where people are switching to a WiFi smart timer box but you need to have strong WiFi by the pool for that which i don’t.
Thank you

If you have had to replace the timer motor relatively frequently, chances are the gears in the timer are worn and/or binding. This creates a higher strain on the timer motor.
If you stay with a mechanical timer, replace the entire internals, not just the timer motor next time.

There are electronic (versus mechanical) pool timers available from various manufacturers, including Intermatic.

If you have had to replace the timer motor relatively frequently, chances are the gears in the timer are worn and/or binding. This creates a higher strain on the timer motor.
If you stay with a mechanical timer, replace the entire internals, not just the timer motor next time.

There are electronic (versus mechanical) pool timers available from various manufacturers, including Intermatic.
Ok. Thank you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.