IntelliFlow VS vs Hayward VS Pumps?

mattvan

Oct 13, 2020
California
We just signed our pool contract, which will start construction in April. We have most of the details sorted out, but have not made a final decision on automation or pool pumps.

For Pool, Spa, Bubblers + waterfall, we have 2 3HP pumps, and a 2.7 HP waterfall pump planned. Looking at the reviews online it seems that Hayward automation is a bit newer and nicer. But I'm wondering what the opinions are on Pentair vs Hayward pumps? Is the Pentair pump worth the worse automation?

My main concern is noise, as the pool equipment is very close to our pool and patio. We build a pool in 2015 at our old house and the Hayward VS pump was rather loud. However my pool contractor said that Haywards recently went under a redesign and are a lot better now, is this true?

I have a HW VS950 about 25 feet from my pool. At 100% I can hear the pump well, at 80% it drops significantly but can still hear it alittle. At 50%(which is what I typically have it set for) I hear nothing. In fact even at 10ft away the pump at 50% is extremely quiet. I have to really listen for it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.