DFW - Plano, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I had a new pad poured and needed to try retrofit the pump install to fit the existing intake piping. I need about a 1.25 to 1.5 'something' for the pump to rest on. It is currently on a spare piece of bluestone that I had for the walkway. Can anyone recommend something a bit more permanent that would be resting flush on the pad? The bluestone is not perfectly flat.

Thanks

Todd

Welcome Back Colonel !!!

If it was exactly 1.25 or 1.5 inch you could likely find precast stepping stones in 12 inch, 18 inch and/or 24 inch.

If it's going to need to be 1.321 inch (etc) to perfectly line up, they make '2 inch' composite boards that you could shave with a table saw. Two 2x6s side by side would work and you could bolt the pump right through them into the pad.

You could frame up and pour a block that is the correct height using concrete.

If you mix in some hydraulic cement, the block will be stronger, set faster and adhere better to the underlying concrete.

If you add hydraulic cement to the mix, mix it dry first and then mix in the water and pour quickly as the mix will set very quickly.

Maybe do 1/4 hydraulic and 3/4 regular cement..

Get small aggregate or a sand/topping mix cement or you can use a screen to remove larger stones.

1669930512572.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Newdude
I had a new pad poured and needed to try retrofit the pump install to fit the existing intake piping. I need about a 1.25 to 1.5 'something' for the pump to rest on. It is currently on a spare piece of bluestone that I had for the walkway. Can anyone recommend something a bit more permanent that would be resting flush on the pad? The bluestone is not perfectly flat.

Thanks

Todd
I only had a little over an 1/2" to adjust to the proper height for my pump retrofit. I found a heavy duty carpet mat - like you would use in garage or workshop. I cut it in a rectangle to fit under all the feet. A side benefit, It serves as a vibration damper as well, although the Pentair VSF pump doesn't vibrate much anyway.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.