Intelliflo 011018 pump spit this out...

That is definitely the same thing. Do we know exactly where it goes or what purpose it serves. I don't suspect that it is a critical enough part to warrant tearing my pump apart to replace it. I'm just curious now.

I think that is acts as a slinger to protect the bearings from dirt, dust, water etc.

I think that it goes on the shaft near the motor.

Probably not worthwhile replacing. I couldn't even find the part for sale anywhere.

Perhaps, it would be worthwhile getting one and replacing it if you ever need to do a seal change.

You are probably right about it being a slinger. I'm just a little surprised since it also has the large flat slinger that is more common. I could feel it when I stuck my finger up through the cutout on the bottom of the motor housing.

Probably not worthwhile replacing. I couldn't even find the part for sale anywhere.

Perhaps, it would be worthwhile getting one and replacing it if you ever need to do a seal change.

I agree.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.