Lehigh Valley, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I purchased Intellicenter from Polytec (awesome experience by the way). Wifi I have mounted around 100 ft from Wifi AP. Signals are weak which I suppose is understandable; but I boosted power at both my AP and the Intellicenter. So I have two options - one is to add a long-range Wifi AP (I use Ubiquiti) or the other is to change the Wifi device which came with the Intellicenter. Is this possible? I may end up going with option #1 as it will give me greater outdoor access; but still surprised I have such a weak signal at the Intellicenter at 100ft.

The signal strength at the destinations really depends on the obstacles in the signal path with all other things being equal. 100ft indoors presumes sheetrock walls. In optimal conditions outdoors, the signal can more or less reliably propagate over a couple of miles (e.g. drone control). If you have trees, building, etc in the path, then the range becomes unpredictable.

I'd measure the relative signal strength at both ends before/after trying to improve it. Wifi APs/routers show that metric and your ipad/iphone/android can have a utility to measure the same. Usually, RSSI below -75db results in unreliable if any communication.

Reactions: MyAZPool
I purchased Intellicenter from Polytec (awesome experience by the way). Wifi I have mounted around 100 ft from Wifi AP. Signals are weak which I suppose is understandable; but I boosted power at both my AP and the Intellicenter. So I have two options - one is to add a long-range Wifi AP (I use Ubiquiti) or the other is to change the Wifi device which came with the Intellicenter. Is this possible? I may end up going with option #1 as it will give me greater outdoor access; but still surprised I have such a weak signal at the Intellicenter at 100ft.
Mutchinator
Very glad that you had a good experience with PolyTec. That's one of the reasons that I choose to continue to recommend them.

Regarding the WiFi, I'll have to defer to others here who may have experience with weak WiFi signals as they relate to IntelliCenter, as I have opted for the "hard-wire" connection. If I had to guess, I would say that you probably have to utilize the IntelliCenter Wi-Fi Link Kit (Primary Client Bridge) (P/N 522475Z) for WiFi connectivity to your WAP, but I don't know that for sure.

Hopefully, there will be other's that will pop along soon and who can offer you some better insight.
Good luck, stay safe and enjoy your IntelliCenter.
r.

Had much of the same problem, and added a WIFI extender. Only about $40, and resolved the issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.