Henderson, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I replaced a sub panel that supplies power to the pump, lights, heater and IC with Intellicenter i5P. The power comes in via 10AWG from 30-amp breaker in main home panel on other side of the home, about 80-foot run.

This pool installed this year. The control box for the GloBrites and pumpe and heater are all bonded. I noticed the original subpanel was not bonded, and was wondering if this was proper or and oversight by contractor and inspector?

The subpanel (now the i5P) is fully grounded from the main panel and I have replaced all breakers with GFCI in load center of the i5P. Everything wired properly and so far functioning. But the bonding question is still an open question.

Should I run 8 gauge copper bonding to the i5P sub panel?

James, thank you. I was considering connecting it and will do so. I read same but the pool passed inspection so I presumed it didnt need to be bonded, but that doesnt make sense to me.

If in doubt, safety first. (or, RTFM) ;-) Thank you again sir!
Dennis

Reactions: JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.