Instapark Betta SE extended warranty

locky

Dec 4, 2016
san jose / ca
I just purchased Beta SE from Amazon (prime days) $375.00 and 2 years protection from Asurion inc.
Just wonder is anyone experience with this extended warranty ? compare to Betabot extended warranty?
Can I buy extended warranty from Betabot?

thanks

I filed a claim with them when mine quit working.
Within hours I had a full refund and was told to keep the unit.
Bought another off Amazon along with the extended warranty
I would rather have my money back and get a new unit then keep sending it in for repairs

Reactions: svenpup and locky
The only problem you will have with Asurion's warranty is that they basically refund your money for the item. Though this allows you to repurchase the item at no cost to you, you will have to repurchase the Asurion warranty.

If you get the warranty from the Betabot company, they will attempt to fix or replace your item plus the warranty continues to be in effect. No extra cost to you.

Reactions: locky
You bring up a very good issue. I personally think you did the right thing with the Assurion warranty.

I have the Betta warranty and my unit is just over a year old. I just emailed them for a repair. They offered to repair the unit or sell me a new one for a $120 discount. I am having mine repaired.

At this point I would only buy a pool robot with an Assurion warranty. These units are guaranteed to break eventually and this is a way to fund a new one every few years.

Reactions: locky and blazer58
Hi - I'm a Betta 2 owner who is just having the first problem with mine, which was purchased in June of last year - I used it into September and it started fine again in early June, but just died on me. @blazer58 and @Katodude when you say you are returning yours for repair - I just want to confirm - you have the SE model? I'm trying to figure out if the SE is any more reliable than previous models.

I had the betta 2 version, Assurion warranty paid me in full when it quit working and rebought the SE version this year with the Assurion warranty again

Reactions: imlearning
At this point I really dont care about the reliability of these things anymore. If I had to do it again I would buy it with the Asurion warranty and then get a new one when it breaks.

Think about it as leasing your robot for around $25-$50 per year.

Reactions: blazer58

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.