Installing SWG... DIY or pay a contractor?

Strannik said:
got a question. a lot of people seem to be doing DIY electrical wiring
is it legal in USA?

in Australia you are supposed to have electrical license before you can do as much as pull the light switch off the wall to be able to paint around it...
NWMNMom said:
Depends on where you live and what the project is. Certain cities/towns have ordinances that require licensed work to meet code, others do not. We live rural and did all the wiring and plumbing for our entire farm, house, pool. The electric company came out to hook what we did to the main supply line - that's it.

In my area, I can pretty much do whatever wiring I wanna do, barring major additions & just plain stupidity & being reported as unsafe by my neighbors, but if I ever sell my home then the inspector can require me to make everything code before the sale can go through.

You can try fitting it in a loop as pictured below

NANO_W_RC35-22MANIFOLD_480.jpg

Just completed my DIY for a Goldline aquarite yesterday. Had flashing "Check cell" and "low salt" indicators. Went and had salt checked and added another 40lbs. Ran pump for 11 hours and both flashing lights went off. Looks like it's up and fully running today.

Thanks for all the help gang!

Jim.

dmanb2b said:
coreyoreo said:
Oh that's cool!!! You think that'd fit inside the 10 1/4 inches?

Just found the below in a how to link for a compupool unit...looks like 6.25" is all that is needed (step 29)

http://www.inyopools.com/HowToPage/how_ ... rator.aspx

I really hear great things about pool pilot, so perhaps folks that have one can confirm if 10.25" could work there too :goodjob:

Wow.. great site for a SWG install, Dmanb2b, thank you. & thanks Jason, also for the info on Pool pilot.
Thanks for everone's help & ideas!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.