installing foam cove and base, Do i need a base ?

I'm in the process of installing a 27' round above ground .
When using a foam cove , do i install the cove all the way at the bottom of the pool, on the bottom rail at ground level and then add the 2-3" of sand base ? Which will then cover most of the cove with sand , or do I install the 2-3" of base sand and level and then install the cove on top of the sand base ? if using a foam cove , Do i still need a 2-3" sand base ?

Re: Question about installin cove and sand base

Do you have instructions that specifically spell that out, or do you think you might be looking at either a sand cove OR a foam cove?

im for sure installing the foam cove , i already have it , (foam cove , foam wall roll , liner pad ) but the pools instructions say *nothing* about how to install it in relation to the base . and instructions has no mention of a base at all . i guess they assume its common knowledge maybe .

the manual is online if you want to look and see if i missed something " azor above ground pool manual"

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...al.pdf&usg=AFQjCNHC0jZlR74OafQHix0pxnI8eUn3zg

the manual seems very generic

I thought regardless of what cove material is used your still supposed to add a 2-3" base ? is that not correct ? do i simply install the foam cove at the bottom of the pool on the ground and that's it ? if so what protects the liner from the ground (dirt)

from the pool store or manufacture videos I have seen they do the base sand (floor) and then a sand cove or a foam cove. You don't want to cover the cove with sand. The whole point of it is to keep the liner from slipping under the pool wall. I would think if you cover the cove with the floor you are just back at square one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.