indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
I am trying to bring an old pool back up into operation, and I ended up going with a vinyl liner option which has already been ordered by the pool company. I finally got someone out to meet me at the property to answer other questions about the project, and was told that there is a slight chance that there is nothing to screw to behind the fiberglass, even up where the track will go. If that happens, they can't install the liner, and I am basically just out that money with no other options they can offer. I am stressing hard about things I can't control at this point, so I am hoping I can get some positive experiences, or some options that might work if the liner track can't be secured. Any thoughts??

They can try expansion screws usually used for concrete. The backside flares out amd will grab if done right. I've seen anchors used too. You can order course thread screws that are similar to drywall anchors online have to loom around. I've even seen regular liner track installed upside down screwed with tapcons to the underside of coping of theres enough room. But honestly the first thing that should have been done by PB is attempting to install the liner track. Its foolish to order a liner that may not be installed

They can try expansion screws usually used for concrete. The backside flares out amd will grab if done right. I've seen anchors used too. You can order course thread screws that are similar to drywall anchors online have to loom around. I've even seen regular liner track installed upside down screwed with tapcons to the underside of coping of theres enough room. But honestly the first thing that should have been done by PB is attempting to install the liner track. Its foolish to order a liner that may not be installed
I agree, all I can do is hope now. Thx

i've got an unused bottle of 3M 5200 you can use - i have to assume a combination of anchors and adhesives can solve this issue.
Hopefully there's no issue, PB just said that he wouldn't know until they went to install it. I need to epoxy some of the fiberglass around the inside of the skimmer, though. What's best for that??

So, we have progress!!! Liner finally arrived to our PB, 2 months late. No problem installing track. Had to dig down and replace the 2 return fittings, and covered up the bottom drain, but it looks great, and everything is hooked up and running. Still need to install my drop in stairs, and button up odds and ends. All told, I am reasonably happy, and the wife is REALLY happy, which is what counts. Before and after photos included.

Attachments

• pool 3.jpg
    pool 3.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 24
  • pool 2.jpg
    pool 2.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 24
  • pool 1.jpg
    pool 1.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3297.jpg
    IMG_3297.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3296.jpg
    IMG_3296.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 20210810_174418-min.jpg
    20210810_174418-min.jpg
    1,001.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Love
Reactions: Lanzz and Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.