Installation of automation help - iAquaLink 2.0 or better?

Jun 18, 2018
Central Virginia
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I currently have an unground gunite pool with a Jandy epump water filter 2.7HP, AquaCal Heatwave Heat Pump, Nature2 Fusion SWG, 2 Hayward pool lights, and an autocover. On the equipment pad, my SWG is hooked up to an AquaPure enclosure, I have the breakers (filter pump, main disconnect, heat pump, lights & cover) in a separate panel enclosure, and the Jandy epump is hooked up to a JEP-R digital controller. I am looking to install a iAqualink 2.0 for automation. I want to automate the heat pump, water filter, SWG, 2 Hayward ColorLogic pool lights (optional since I heard that the lights may not operate exactly with iAqualink), future valve actuators, and future landscape lighting. I do not have a Spa. Which iAqualink 2.0 enclosure and system can I add to my existing AquaPure enclosure system? I plan to do this myself, so does anyone have straight forward instructions how to do so and can offer suggestions in which is the best way to connect what I currently have with the iAqualink 2.0? I do not know which enclosure/bundle I need, and if I can keep the AquaPure system intact and just add on the iAqualink or if I need to install a new enclosure that contains main breakers, etc.. Thanks for your help in advance.

You need what Jandy calls a PureLink enclosure plus the iAqualink kit. There are 2 Purelink enclosures, one with a breaker base and one without. The Purelink enclosure will power your SWG and house the RS8 automation panel that comes with the kit. The iAqualink 2.0 is simply a wifi interface that plugs into the RS8 panel.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.