Input System for Outdoor Speakers

I have some outdoor speakers around the pool that are fed from an AV closet in the house. I currently just have a CD player plugged into the amp to provide the music.

Is there a product I can use to make playlists and control the music on my phone/a tablet that I can hook into the amp to play music. The pool area is out of bluetooth range from the AV closet, but within Wi-FI range.
I control mine with a $30 Chromecast Audio unit, streaming poolside via wifi from my iPhone. Unfortunately, Google stopped making the Chromecast Audio, but you can likely find one on eBay. I stream from Spotify or Sirius Satellite Radio into a $25 Lepy LP-2020 amp in the house and back outside to two wired sets of Polk Audio outdoor speakers. Cheap, flexible, sounds great! The speakers have been outside for quite a few years and look and sound as good as new.

I purchased a pre-owned Sony receiver at Goodwill, added Yamaha outdoor speakers and an Acoustic Audio sub.... all fed from an Echo Dot (I did add an FM antenna if i ever needed local) and also have a Chromecast stick in the TV for streaming options as well. (excuse the messy wide photo, that was before it was all cleaned up and stuff back where it belonged. :)

Attachments

• 20200530_132643.jpg
    20200530_132643.jpg
    463.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 20200517_183535.jpg
    20200517_183535.jpg
    392.8 KB · Views: 16
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.