Inground pool light loose - could be a leak source?

Jul 10, 2015
Massachusetts
My inground pool light is not screwed in correctly. I noticed it when brushing the other day. I have a pretty good leak somewhere, and I am wondering if water could be leaking through the wiring conduit. I have been working at tightening the screw for over an hour and have not been able to do it from above or in the pool. Some is my, let’s call is buoyancy from the pool and some is my wonky shoulder hurting when I lean over the side Frustrating. Probably going to call the guy who replaced my liner last season to do it, but any tricks to getting the screw in before I do that?

18x40 inground, vinyl liner, SWG

I just went through the same issues reinstalling my light back into the pool wall. What i did find out is that you need to put the light into the bottom of the nich first. There is usually s tab on bottom of the light fixture that gets inserted into the bracket on the wall light fixture (niche). Once you have the tab inserted you can swing the top of the light (where the screw is) against wall and it is then much easier to get the screw in. I did put on mask with snorkel when in the pool. It allowed me to stay under longer and provided better visibility during the installation.

There is a metal tab sticking up on the bottom and the light has a matching spot so when you put the light in bottom tilted in first, the tab prevents it from falling out. The lights aren’t watertight to the Housing (called a niche) the light Assembly and cord is waterproof And water flows around in the niche to cool the light assembly

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.