Inground pool leaked down 8 inches overnite!

Not once or twice but several times. The last 3 yrs I've taken care of it with zero problems as my dad was ill, now gone. The pic I posted above is nothing to what it is now, looks like the exxon valdez parked in it. Very thick, very soupy, can't see the bottom anywhere, and even the steps are barely visible. What puzzles me is why a perfectly good pump just burned up. I did notice the psi from the returns wasn't that strong which is why I suspect filter issues as well which had to have led to the pump frying.

I won't be back over till tomorrow to test the water properly, just did a quick strip test, results below. Will post the results in a new thread. I appreciate all the help as I'm gonna have to tackle this one myself, the local pool store leaves alot to be desired, they wanted $750 for the exact same pump we just bought thru In The Swim for $450...What's annoying is she had called them while I was away to look at it for getting air in the system and the repair guy said the clear spin-on cap for the pump basket was leaking so he put a new oring on and must've grabbed the wrong tube of silicone coz he glued the darn cap on, but hey, no air...or so you'd think. What he didn't notice was the small crack in the dome that when you turned the pop off it'd spray water out of it. Spent $60 for a new cap that never got used coz the pump fried.

FC- 0
pH- >8.4
TA- 240

outta wack!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.