Inground Pool Closing questions

24 is recommended here but I think the manufacturer says a few hours. The stuff its really thick and takes time to mix in completely.

I'd guess that as much time as possible would help... I wouldn't lose sleep over 8 vs 24. Also if you have a cleaner using it to help stir the water more than normal might help.

Sent via Tapatalk...

Thanks! You've been super helpful. I'm going to utilize your expertise a few more times before we finally get this sucker closed for winter!

Re: the polyquat amount to put in my pool...pool school says to use the startup dose (maximum)...but in reading the label, startup isn't the max dose, the dose for treatment of a pool containing a light growth of algae is the max dose. Startup says 6-11 oz per 10,000, and the algae one says 11-17 oz per 10,000. I have 13,500. Which dose would you go with? Is there too high a dose that I can put in?

My pool is the same size. I used 16 oz - I overshoot my target of 14 with overzealous pouring. I don't expect there is any harm to having more than needed.

Sent via Tapatalk...

Thanks! OKay. Finally I was able to test everything and all looks good - even my CSI. Yay! Well, I say everything, but I am going to lower pH just a tad before doing the polyquat. Was thinking of lowering pH to 7.5.

FC: 10
pH: 7.8
TA: 80
CH: 240
CYA: 50

going to add some MA to lower pH just a bit, then add the polyquat and let run until we close the pool (finally!) tomorrow. That should do it, right?

Hold on. Why when I change my pH in poolcalc from 7.8 to 7.5 does the CSI thing then say "potential to become corrosive to plaster"? Oh yeah, pool temp - 57 degrees.

Should I not lower pH? Or should I just ignore that CSI thing (maybe I'm getting too into that?)?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.