Increase Membership

Sep 15, 2017
LAKEVILLE
Hi. I'm so thankful for TFP! Went from knowing nothing a couple years ago when I built my pool to understanding how to keep my water crystal clear and optimal for swimming...and all for the lowest cost. Household bleach, Muratic acid and Stabilizer - that's about it.

That said, it seems like this year would be a prime time to increase promotion of TFP and increase membership/donations. Was looking to buy a couple things from Doheney's and noticed their banner on their home page that states they are out of chlorine. I'd imagine the price has increased on other sites. I wouldn't know, because of TFP, I've never bought chlorine from anywhere. :)

1621877356091.png

Three cheers for TFP!!

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

full

This clearly has been an odd year. Early on we saw the Texas Freeze that crushed previous records for activity in Feb or March. Then come early May when we saw a massive decline in activity compared to last year.

Over the last week or so however the sun has came out on the east coast and BOOM! Traffic has taken off royally. Yesterday so far has been the busiest day in TFP’s history…..and Memorial Day is right around the corner.

Reactions: Oly and Freddypop
My pool store purchased and stocked a years worth of chlorine pucks.

They sold out in 4 days.

We need a better word than unprecedented.

-Bigpaws

The pool store I go to, was telling me, I better buy as much Trichlor as I can now before there's none left. I told them, I still have some from 2 years ago.

We converted to a SWG, however I still have 2/3rd of a bucket of Trichlor left over from last year. I was at COSTCO two weeks ago and they had a massive stack of buckets for $83 each so I grabbed one. I do not plan on flipping it late in the season, but rather handing out zip-lock bags of pucks on the 4th of July as party favors to all of neighbors and co-workers who are poor planners. ;-)

I was at the pool store the other day and their biggest container of trichlor went from $130 to $200 because of the "shortage", crazy times.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.