Imagine Illusion 40 Complete 10/19/21

Listen sis....... I get it and I'm currently waiting on my own to start, so,I'm there too. But let me tell ya..... last time on year 8 I couldn't even remember the setbacks when I tried. Just..... Meh, they built it mid summer and it took a while.

Even if its a bit delayed still, or a bit more than that, you have WAY more of a honking pool coming than you did last year. You're almost there so focus on the big picture when you get antsy. :)

He said I'll have it this year. We will see. I'm already prepared mentally to wait til next year. I'm cool with it. It's just a crazy time to be building a pool. A lot of people are losing their minds because they can't wrap their heads around the delays. I understand it. I'm over budget n it gives me more time to keep socking money away. The DOC keeps throwing it at me. I keep showing up. Lol

Listen sis....... I get it and I'm currently waiting on my own to start, so,I'm there too. But let me tell ya..... last time on year 8 I couldn't even remember the setbacks when I tried. Just..... Meh, they built it mid summer and it took a while.

Even if its a bit delayed still, or a bit more than that, you have WAY more of a honking pool coming than you did last year. You're almost there so focus on the big picture when you get antsy. :)
Not even feeling antsy at this point because I have no time to do anything but work n sleep. On my off evenings this girl is in bed by 6pm. I ll be swimming next year! I know that!

I've decided I'm not going to kill myself all summer for 8ft concrete around. Ive been thinking about a separate patio for awhile now. I told my builder today I want 8ft concrete on both sides of the long 40ft sides and leave the 4ft on the 16ft ends. I've decided that I'll save the money for the separate patio next year. After the pool is built, I'll see how far back to the fence I can go. Itll be at least 20ft wide. The space in between should be about 3-4 ft from pool decking to patio (where my mangy bushes are in drawing). Ill add a side walk with a couple steps to the new pad. Hows it look?

Attachments

• 20210623_113029.jpg
    20210623_113029.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 63
I like it. My install included 5 ft all around and 9 ft of concrete behind the diving board. I paid extra to have an extra 5x20 ft pad for the lounge chair area. It has worked well, except the closest chair gets splashed from people jumping off the diving board. I was going to put my equipment pad in the back corner away from the pool but opted to attach it to the back corner of the concrete deck. I’m happy we did that because I don’t have to walk through the grass to get a float/equipment, etc. I built a little shed for the pool equipment and it also stores the robot, floats, etc. The VS pump is so quiet that you can’t hear in running in there. I’m excited for your build, we have definitely been enjoying ours this summer after our long wait last year!
B50048F0-F2A9-404F-ABE0-9B167500F631.jpeg

I'm so excited to get this going too! I'm just not excited to be working these long hours to get my additional concrete into the budget. If I wait til next year, I'll be ok. I like the design I have going too. Nobody has anything like it around here.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So hot yesterday after cutting my little bit of grass (old man isn't allowed around my trees!!) yesterday... I wanted my pool so much! I'm praying to the Pool Gods than my pool is done sooner than later! I see some people have ordered the same pools as I did n got it earlier than I am projected to get mine. It's hot n it's my Monday. Time to start another long work week.

• Sad
Reactions: Snoobug and kimkats
I'm praying to the Pool Gods than my pool is done sooner than later
When the situation warranted it, I would always send people the most potent of well wishes, The rainbow farting unicorn, to look over them.

Our good friend Kim took it up a notch (like she do) when I was struggling to locate equipment. Behold the glory :

BBC6125C-1769-4E67-9A97-404045BD5E92.gif

And just like that... the OT dries up.on to plan C... 4ft of concrete surround and a small 8ft pad for the slide. Next 2 years I'll save up money for patio pavers. I like this... want to stay in the grey tones. Pool is storm grey.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210705-182418_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20210705-182418_Google.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 19
Lil update... I texted my PB and asked him if no news was good news n how nice it would be if Imagine would send the pool early because I've been so patient. He said don't count on it. Lol I said ok. I then asked him, Do we at least have an estimated time for delivery? He said first week in October. Ok... I can deal with that. I at least have an approximate time. I'm getting excited to see my life long dream of having my inground pool come true. I have a good 60 days or so.

I'm trusting in my pool builder that he will keep my equipment for me. He installs a specific amount of pools a year. I have taken the stance that I will not burden him or become an erratic customer and demanding things be delivered. If he uses it, then I'll ask for a discount because I have it in text that it was there n now it's not.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.