In-line Chlorinator Leak

Cowtownag06

Sep 6, 2021
Houston,TX
I noticed my Chlorinator leaking from the top last weekend. I took everything out to rinse, hooding it was just a clog in the drip part. When I turned it back on, I had water come up from the bottom, where it should be dripping into plumbing. Even with the drip line off, the canister fills and starts to leak. Any tips on getting this to flow back the correct way?

You do not say which In-Line Chlorinator that you have. The below is for a Pentair 320.
There is a check valve on the bottom that should prevent flow from the pump to enter the canister. The only inlet should be via the external tube from the T body to the canister. You can remove the canister and clean the check valve.
That external hose does have a valve on it to regulate flow into the canister, that could be leaking as well.
Another way to test is to simply remove the external hose and plug the T body with a 1/2 plug. If you check valve is working, then no water should enter the canister when the pump is on.
Also, if your canister is leaking at the top, it is most likely that oring on the cap. That gets deteriorated by the chlorine so you need to change that and also lube it real well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.