in ground pool pump question

May 23, 2013
Inground pool, had a guy come out and install the pump he installed it raised like attached picture. Is this an ok set up? i felt like it would be better with a straight run into the suction versus the elbows with pump off the ground.

What brings this question up and i am beginning to be stumped on this issue.

It doesn't seem i have the pressure on my jets i normally have, skimmers seem weak. however i switched to circulate to skip the filtration and it is churning the water and have tons of power in jets and skimmers. Could this mean i need to replace my sand? some issue with sandfilter? or would this pump being raised as it is causing me issues?

thanks!

signature below is for another pool not the pool with issues.

Attachments

• IMG_1763.jpg
    IMG_1763.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 56
It doesn't seem i have the pressure on my jets i normally have, skimmers seem weak.
Is the filter new? Is the pump that is installed replacing another pump? Or did he just replace the motor? The pump does not look new. A little history would help.

As for the 90s, not ideal but should not be an issue.

The elbows r there to add piping to front of pump straight in is not ideal too short. He should have 45 to 45 out the top to move pump back and left it straight up front but whatever. If bypass moves water ur blocked by something after pump. What's the pressure on gauge w filter on then off? Anything else like heater etc in line

Filter is not new. Motor is about a year old.

This is actually my mothers pool and i was trying to help her with.

She wanted them to raise the pump up as we had a flood a few weeks ago and she asked a company to raise the pump up incase of a future flood. I just figured it wasnt good to have the elbows before the suction.

As far as the gauge, i noticed the needle was stuck so i need to replace it. No heaters inline just the salt cell.

Replace the filter gauge and then get a baseline reading (in filter mode) with everything as is. Then backwash 3 min and take another pressure reading (in filter mode) and see if anything changed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.