In Ground Pool - Liner Leak??? Please Help!

Carme

Jun 22, 2018
BALTIMORE
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi All!
30k gallon in ground pool. 10yr old vinyl liner what seemed to be in good condition. Just opened last week...pool was full. Had to drain some. Now we’re losing water and the water level is about 3 inches below the skimmers. Such a puzzle because we had an excess of water when we took the cover off a week ago. Takes 3 weeks to get a leak detection company out. Meanwhile, we can’t keep the pool clean because we can’t turn the pump/filter on because the water is below the skimmer line. Any suggestions on what we can do? I think in order for them to do leak detection the pool has to be clean. Help!

does the water stop at the same point.. the leak/hole is at where the water stops or just above it..... Could something have fallen in the pool and creates a hole?

Reactions: Carme
does the water stop at the same point.. the leak/hole is at where the water stops or just above it..... Could something have fallen in the pool and creates a hole?
Thanks for the input...that’s what I’m thinking ...looks like the water level has been hovering just a tad below the return jet for the past day or so. I don’t know if that’s a good thing or not, if the leak is there 😂😔

Any chance the MPV is draining out the waste line ? Siphoning would stop once the pool level is the same height as the end of the discharge pipe.

Reactions: Carme
Not sure...newbie here. I even had to look up what the “MPV” was....this is the first issue of this kind in the 4 years we’ve been here. Luckily the previous owners left all the pool construction plans/info....I’ll look into that too. Looks like it’s gonna be a minute before anybody can get out here to take a look..Thanks for this info!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.