Port Charlotte, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Hi guys. I'm back again with a weird question on the worst pool build ever.

We are in southwest Florida. During the rainy season or overflow is an absolute necessity and helps maintain a consistent level.

After going through our first "dry" season through the winter, we've realized that our guests constantly running water features, heaters, spa bubblers etc is causing our water level to fall several inches per week. I had a leak test performed about a month ago and no leaks were found.

So, now I am considering ways to add an autofill. I'm trying to figure out a way to make it inconspicuous, as guests will eventually fool with, and break anything you put in a pool on an STR property.

We have an overflow that runs out of the back of the pool foundation so the pipe sits about 2-3 feet off the ground. I am considering trying to install a small basin there and build an autofill into it. Has anyone ever tried anything like this? Could it work? Am I insane?

If I put this in the wrong area please let me know.

I am not certain how you would get the overflow to do dual duty as the overflow and the fill line. Depending on your pad configuration there are options to add autofill after the fact, none of them great and definitely not cheap lol , but some where discussed in this thread

So I purchased a Kona Labs autofill, and installed it this week while I was at the house. It's amazing. Very happy with the result. We'll see how it performs going forward. 20230430_184305.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What I can see looks clean 😀
Call me paranoid but I have personally had a hunter pgv valve (which I beleive those are) crack from expansion/contraction of a metal nipple in the plastic valve. I'd keep an eye on it and/or swap that brass nipple for the same size schedule 80 pvc nipple.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.