impractical slam?

ant812

Apr 19, 2017
marlton/nj
I am planning on shocking slamming pool this weekend. I have been keeping fc 1.5-2 for a couple weeks dealing with scale. (as per instructions on product purchased).
latest number are:
fc 1.5-2
cc 0.2 (a week ago)
ph 7.6
ta 65
ch 300
cya 70-80

its a 31k gallon plaster salt pool. I have never ever had a anything but crystal clear water (except when shocking). last year, before finding this site, I would just add 3 lbs granular shock to pool once every 3 weeks. once that was done my cc was always 0.
so my question is, to slam this thing as per instructions, I would need at least 16 gallons of bleach minimum. I have a case of shock from last year that I would like to get rid of but not at a risk of raising cya. again, water right now is clear. should I be doing this?

thoughts?

thanks
anthony

If your water is clear I'm not sure why would would want to SLAM? In NJ, unless you have a SWG, you would be better off draining some water to lower CYA and just start using bleach.

Also, it might be a good idea to print this out and leave it by your testing area: Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

As you can see you are far too low right now.

As you can see you are far too low right now.
kept it that low on purpose as per instruction on Scale Tec, which actually works I might add.

ok then, no slam it is. my thought process was to get rid of the cc which im thinking climbed by now from the low fc level I have been maintaining. I haven't tested it since there was nothing I was going to be doing about it at the moment (again, the instructions).

thanks guys

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.