I'm trying to find a replacement pool leaf skimmer net insert for a "Lifegard" brand net

anthonypool89

Gold Supporter
Aug 26, 2016
Berks County, PA
I bought this thing a few years ago. You pry the insert out with a screw driver. There is a track that runs all the way around the netted insert and then the whole thing snaps into a fork-like aluminum frame. It'a really cool idea but unfortunately my net tore. Now, I'm trying to find the insert for it. Silly of me not to have written down what site I bought it from. The insert I have says "Lifegard" but when I search for "replaceable pool skimmer net inserts", etc. all that comes up is a replacement for a pentair leaf skimmer. I have no idea if that'd fit or not. There aren't enough pictures of it on any site I've seen that advertises it that shows the opposite side where the track is.

Any ideas from someone that has used these? I bought a new one in the meantime (just a regular net - no removable insert) being that I need to pull out stuff that blew in from the hurricane. Just my luck for my net to have torn when I needed it the most!

zea....that first link looks exactly like what I have (as least the part that holds the net). Thanks! I wish they'd show more picture detail of the insert. I've come across that R121216 on several sites. That TOO might work but, again, not enough pictures to really be sure. That one says it's for a Pentair leaf skimmer. I think that's about as much as I'm going to find out so it's a matter of taking a chance. I would say that the first link might be the one.

Do you have a picture of what you have, I have not seen one

The two tines snap into the frame of the net. Pretty cool! Plus I like the narrow space near the handle since I can wrap a wire around in there and attach it to one of my hanger brackets on the fence that encloses the pool. Most of these leaf skimmers have no provision for attaching or hanging them from something. So if I can find the right replacement I'll just keep the leaf skimmer I just bought as a spare.

IMG_1391.jpegIMG_1392.jpeg

Last edited:
Just an update on this. Contacted that Recreonics company and verified that it's the correct net insert, so went to order it (around $18) and then discovered that you must have a $25 minimum purchase to place an order. I don't believe I've ever encountered that sort of thing in all my internet transactions over the years. Told them I'm disappointed and really don't need anything else, so guess I'll just trash the frame! I don't really want to buy two of them since I already have a net I was planning on using as a back-up. Oh well...I tried.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.