I'm at a loss. Need help clearing my pool up. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Folks, we are all over the board on this thread.

Your first issue is your CYA. You cannot properly sanitize the water with CYA > 90. Please do this diluted CYA test so we know your actual CYA level.
  1. Fill the mixing bottle to the lower mark with pool water.
  2. Continue filling the mixing bottle to the upper mark with tap water.
  3. Shake briefly to mix.
  4. Pour off half of the contents of the mixing bottle, so it is again filled to the lower mark.
  5. Continue filling to the upper mark with R-0013.
  6. Cap and then shake the mixing bottle for 30 seconds.
  7. Stand outdoors with your back to the sun and hold the view tube at about waist level. If sunlight is not available, find the brightest artificial light you can.
  8. Looking down into the view tube, slowly pour the mixture from the mixing bottle into the view tube.
  9. Continue pouring until all traces of the black dot at the bottom of the view tube completely disappear, even after you stare at it for several seconds, or you fill the view tube.
  10. Multiply your result by 2.
When we know this, you should do a "no drain water exchange," read section 3.5. When we know your CYA level, we will know how much to exchange:

When we have your CYA level down, then you should SLAM. Link-->SLAM Process

These three steps will clear your pool and allow your SWCG to perform.

Folks, we are all over the board on this thread.

Your first issue is your CYA. You cannot properly sanitize the water with CYA > 90. Please do this diluted CYA test so we know your actual CYA level.
  1. Fill the mixing bottle to the lower mark with pool water.
  2. Continue filling the mixing bottle to the upper mark with tap water.
  3. Shake briefly to mix.
  4. Pour off half of the contents of the mixing bottle, so it is again filled to the lower mark.
  5. Continue filling to the upper mark with R-0013.
  6. Cap and then shake the mixing bottle for 30 seconds.
  7. Stand outdoors with your back to the sun and hold the view tube at about waist level. If sunlight is not available, find the brightest artificial light you can.
  8. Looking down into the view tube, slowly pour the mixture from the mixing bottle into the view tube.
  9. Continue pouring until all traces of the black dot at the bottom of the view tube completely disappear, even after you stare at it for several seconds, or you fill the view tube.
  10. Multiply your result by 2.
When we know this, you should do a "no drain water exchange," read section 3.5. When we know your CYA level, we will know how much to exchange:

When we have your CYA level down, then you should SLAM. Link-->SLAM Process

These three steps will clear your pool and allow your SWCG to perform.

I agree on the all over the place, I already started draining it last night, i'm bringing it down to the bottom of skimmer and running it back up, then repeat. I decided to stay focused on the CYA first and foremost. I just did a CYA test and it shows around 80 now (maybe 75 the lines are really close on the meter on my taylor kit). Either way i just drained down to skimmer and its filling again.

I agree on the all over the place, I already started draining it last night, i'm bringing it down to the bottom of skimmer and running it back up, then repeat. I decided to stay focused on the CYA first and foremost. I just did a CYA test and it shows around 80 now (maybe 75 the lines are really close on the meter on my taylor kit). Either way i just drained down to skimmer and its filling again.
Unfortunately you will never get there draining a little at a time. It has to be done all at once. Do the diluted CYA test and then report back for help from one of the experts on the no drain water exchange. They will likely need to see a full set of test results to help you with where to pump from.

Your method of incrimental draining & refilling will work but it will take longer & use more water since things are mixing. You also risk running your (likely expensive) pool pump dry if you’re pulling through the skimmer.
Before taking a cya sample after refilling you need to be sure to let the water circulate for several hours or you may not get an accurate measurement.

Just wanted to update everyone here... I've drained and refilled until i got the CYA down to 60. I've re balanced the PH and Alkaline, adjusted the hardness. I shocked the Darn out of it and it appears now that the salt generator is holding the chlorine at good levels. Pool is looking much better. I think we have made great progress. Hopefully this puts us on the right path. I also fired the pool company, not doing a good job for sure.

I don Know what fc level you mean but
SLAM Process fc level for cya of 60 is 24ppm. Stick with that until you pass all 3 end of slam criteria.
You are done when:

✅ CC is 0.5 or lower;
✅ You pass an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test
Overnight Chlorine Loss Test
AND
✅ The water is clear.
(Crystal Clear w/no algae dead or alive)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.