IDK HOW to remove all this dirt or algea??

Kewizzle

Jul 11, 2019
Omaha, NE
So im pretty sure its not algea but correct me if im wrong I think its dirt cuz i tried Green To Clean, lots of shock and another algeacide and its still there and its not like multiplying or anything. Best way to remove all this?

Drain it, clean it out with a bleach solution, rinse, remove the steps and clean with a bleach solution, refill then follow the TFP guidance for maintaining your pool water. My opinion only.

Vacuum to waste, either through your filter(if you have a sand filter with that setting) or by placing the vacuum head and hose inside the pool, placing the free end of the hose over the side of the pool and siphoning the water until you get flow out of the hose over the side of the pool.

Hello and Welcome to TFP!!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that is algae. You vacuum it up today and it's back tomorrow?

That Green to Clean is one of the worst things your pool needs: Ammonium sulfate... It will remove all the chlorine from the pool. Don't use any more of it!

The algaecide is not useful to kill algae already in the pool. It is more of a preventive than a cure.

What you need is liquid chlorine, a good test kit and to follow the SLAM Process. This process will add specific amount of chlorine to get the FC high enough and maintain it there to kill all the algae and clear the pool.

It all clumped together with the Clarifier and it’s floating on top filtering out now from what I can see is it’s not coming back in the water it’s being filtered and working now I’ll probably add some liquid chlorine when it’s just about gone

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I would suggest adding the liquid chlorine now....and with ammonia in the water also (from that Green to Clean stuff) it will probably take more chlorine that normal.

Have you read any of Pool School? There are a couple of articles there that go into which chemicals are good (helpful!) and which ones cause more problems than they ever promise to fix. You'll find those lists in PoolSchool.... dabble in there a bit and you'll learn how to keep the water clean and sanitary without a lot of hassle.

Maddie :flower:

Did you start adding chlorine yet to start SLAM'ING the pool? Do you have a test kit to test the water?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.